Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hail to the Wolfpack!!!

For as long as I can remember I have always been a NC STATE fan. When Jim Valvano died I must admit that I was really saddened . I even bought my brother a NC STATE outfit which he wore proudly. ( as seen in the picture ) When Jason was around 6 or 7 some of the NC STATE players came for a workshop/game and I took my brother to seem them play. He even was chosen by Chris Corchani to come on the court and shoot some hoops with him. Imagine the proud sister I was when Jason graduated from NC STATE with an engineering degree. :0) So our family are die hard Wolfpackfans!!!

Well imagine my shock when my little sister got a wild hair up her butt and decided to find a boyfriend that graduated from Carolina. ( UNC ) For all the non North Carolina residents, NC STATE and UNC are rivals. They do not mix!!! You simply can't have a NC STATE and an UNC fan in the same houshold. It just doesn't happen that way!! What was she thinking, had I not taught her anything, was I not a good sister? Now she goes to the majority of the UNC home games with her boyfriend. He has bought her over the the "dark side". Rumor has it that she even has an UNC sirt that she wears. What the heck!!! Come back sister come back!!!!
To keep my love for the wolfpack alive, I decided to knit my brother a NC STATE hat. Since I love my sister dearly and her boyfriend is a nice guy I decided to knit him an UNC hat. It hurt me so much to break out the blue yarn. My hands itched and I broke out in hives and even went into anaphlatic shock. ( ok so I am stretching the truth a bit) But the NC STATE "red" blood kept me alive and I made it through the tramatic ordeal. Both hats turned out nice but the red one is the better of the two.


2 comments:

Zonda said...

Hehehe....Hail to the Wolfpack! ;) Nice hats! hehe..

Laura said...

It could be worse-- my husband and I (and my dad) graduated from Wake Forest for undergrad, now hubbie is at UNC for medical school. Meanwhile my little brother is at NC State (which he LOVES) and my cousin is on the football team at UNC. At Thanksgiving my cousin brought a teammate to dinner (his own family is too far away to visit for such a short holiday) and you better believe my brother wore his NC State t-shirt and the red and black toboggan I knit him!