Friday, October 26, 2007

Am I really that stupid!!!!????

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am finally at the gussett of one of my many pairs of socks. My buddy Zonda showed me how to pick up the stitches at the gussett and I did fairly well on that part. But oh boy, when it came time to start the knitting on needle 1 and 2, with row 1 and 2 I became so confused. Instep, heel, needles 1 and 2. It was all overwhelming to me. My head started to spin. Zonda showed me, told me, and even drew me a picture of what I needed to do and it still it did not click. We were both laughing over the fact that I could not grasp the concept. I have no clue on why I am having such a hard time with this, but I am determined to do this. I have got to, I have 5 pairs of socks to knit for family members for Christmas. Maybe I'll just give them each 1 sock and let them know that maybe they wll get the matching pair for Christmas 2008; :0)

3 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Don't laugh but sometimes it helps to literally put the needles down and sleep on it...you'll solve the problem in your sleep!

Zonda said...

Ditto!! What she said! Knit something else for a nite!! You will get it!! I am quite sure!!

Lisa said...

hey--take a deep breath, relax, and LAY THE SOCKS DOWN.

Don't sweat, sometimes, it takes a long time to get the hang of a major skill set.

You'll learn this, I kknow you will!!!