Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My snow dance worked!!!!


Let it snow Let it snow let it snow was what I was saying as I did my snow dance last night. When I heard that we were to get snow I was overjoyed. So before I went to bed I did a little snow dance in hopes that it would indeed snow. (Now all of you Northeners stop laughing at us. We do not get snow that often so when we do we have to have a little snow party.) My sister sent me a text around 5am to inform me that it was snowing. :0) So I jumped out of bed and looked out of the window to see that my happy dance worked!!!!
Then around 6am the phone rang and as I answered I heard the most beautiful words...Cumberland County Schools would be closed today!!!!
As soon as it was light outside, I ran outside to have some fun in the snow. My sister and I took sme pictures so that we could actually show people that every blue moon it really does snow in North Carolina.
As I sit here here still in my PJ'S I can't help but to smile adn think to myself.....gosh my happy dance really did work.




1 comment:

ozrebel said...

We don't get near the snow here that we did when I was a kid and actually liked snow! My kids have come home from school with several "rituals" that are supposed to make it snow for sure when they are predicting it: sleep with your PJs inside-out and backwards, sleep with a spoon under your pillow and flush 3 ice cubes down the toilet before you go to bed... maybe you can try these along with your snow dance the next time! I hope you get more snow!!!