Saturday, July 5, 2008

Do I look like the freaking catlady?

Ok Zonda I can hear you already so no wise cracks. ;0). On Friday as I pulled into my parking space my neighbors came running to the car saying that they need my help.. Hummmmm strange I thought but asked what with. They had a huge box in their hands (that should have been my first clue to just run like hell) and informed me that they just caught 3 kittens from their bushes. They went on to tell me that they saw their mother dead in the road. (second clue to keep on running) I peeked in the box which was a huge mistake ans saw 3 of the cutest kitties just nezzled together. (keep ruuning girl). Then they asked me what they should do. I told them to call the vets or call The Haven (a no kill shelter here in town). After about 5 minutes of just standing there they asked me the dreaded question.....can you take them. I must have told them no about a million times but it went in one ear and out the other. Then as they place the box on the ground by my feet my sister opens her mouth and says just take them and keep them in your spare bedroom until we call the vet or The Haven. I could have killed her. Here I was trying to control what I really wanted to do and big mouth over rides me. So after another couple of minutes of just standing there I finally said ok and in the house I go with three 5 week old kittens. Keep in mind that I already have 3 cats, a guinea pig, and a rabbit.
The black one was a hoot, he was always in to everything. No fear of climbing up everything. The kitty in the back was the runt and was the one that I worried about the most. She was so tiny and timid. These kittens were so small that they had no idea how to eat. When I gave them wet food they all grunted and growled and stood all in the middle of the plate all in their food. Instead of eating like normal cats they snapped at it. Blackie was always the first one through and tried to eat everyone elses food. Made me wonder how long they had really been without their mother.
Well today my sister and I drove to Raeford and brough the kitties to The Haven. We cried all the way home but knew that this was the right thing to do. I a few more weeks they will be up for adoption and I am so sure that someone right will adopt these kitties.
If their is a stray to be found I will find one, so if anyone needs a cat just let me know and I will put your name on the waiting list and i will find you your perfect companion. :0)

1 comment:

Zonda said...

Awww Sniff...you are a good person! Um..I gotta overweight bloodhound here iffin you want one ;)